Cinemaniac Reviews has recently started a Movie Questionnaire blog-a-thon. I discovered this courtesy of Alex at And So It Begins. Check out my responses.
1. What is your favorite movie?
2. Least favorite movie?
All time: Clash of the Titans, maybe. This year: Safe.
3. Name one movie you loved upon initial viewing but eventually grew to hate (or vice-versa).
Probably the best example of a film experiencing a downfall is The Dark Knight. I don't hate the film now - though it bores me and I think the final third is awful - but I loved in first (and second) watch in a cinema.
4. Name your biggest “guilty pleasure” film.
5. Favorite quote from a favorite actor/actress (must be a line from a movie)?
"Andy Dufresne...crawled through a river of shit and come out clean" - Red, The Shawshank Redemption.
6. Favorite quote from a favorite actor/actress (must NOT be a line from a movie)?
This one comes to mind pretty often: "Who wants to be responsible? The first thing anybody says when something goes wrong is: Who's responsible for this?" - Jerry Seinfeld
7. Three favorite movie scenes?
Impossible, but here are three I admire greatly: the apartment block/street chase in Se7en, the exploding derrick sequence in There Will Be Blood and the visit to Do-Long Bridge in Apocalypse Now.
8. Four films that should NOT have won Best Picture?
Wow, there are a lot that come to mind.
Shakespeare in Love
The King's Speech
9. Top five of the year (currently)?
This Must Be The Place
10. Bottom three of the year (currently)?
11. What film gets your vote for the worst or most pointless remake?
Rob Zombie's Halloween is atrocious. Discussing re-makes recently with Tom Clift, we agreed that the remake of The Hills Have Eyes is pretty damn good.
12. Is there any film you think is actually desperate for a remake?
I'm going to go with Alex here. I'd like to see Fincher round out the Millennium Trilogy with Rooney Mara, Daniel Craig and the entirety of his writing and key tech team.
13. Name your three favorite film heroes.
Right now: Han Solo - Star Wars, Nathaniel - The Last of the Mohicans and Rick Blaine - Casablanca
14. Name your three favorite film villains.
Same: Anton Chigurgh - No Country For Old Men, Carl Showalter - Fargo, Keyser Soze - The Usual Suspects.
15. Best sequel?
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
16. Worst sequel?
Any of the Saw films II-VI
17. Best trilogy?
Krzysztof Kieslowski's Trois Couleurs Trilogy (Bleu, Blanc, Rouge)
18. Worst trilogy?
Transformers and Pirates of the Caribbean tied. Pirates has been extended to include a diabolical fourth film, so it might take it out now.
19. What’s your favorite word to use in a movie review (if your film blog does not feature reviews, substitute “review” with “-related post”?)
I like the word 'extraordinary'. If I describe a film as extraordinary, it is worth a look.
20. Anything else?
That will do.