Friday, April 26, 2013

My 25 Favourite Albums

As many of you know I don't spend ALL of my time watching films. Whether I am at home or out and about I am usually listening to music, and make my choices based on a specific album I feel like. I respect artists not by their collection of hit singles, but their ability to put together an album. One that offers rewarding songs from beginning to end, that take a listener on an evolving journey. Albums reveal so much about an artist at the time of release; their creative influences and collaborative evidence of the band's experimentation and future direction with sound. Here is my frequently interchangeable list of 25 Favourite Albums - ones I have listened to and enjoyed consistently more than any others.

25. Enter the Wu Tang (36 Chambers) – Wu Tang Clan
24. Low – David Bowie
23. I See A Darkness - Bonnie "Prince" Billy
22. Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots - The Flaming Lips
21. Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
20. Ride the Lightning - Metallica
19. Ten - Pearl Jam
18. Unknown Pleasures - Joy Division
17. In the Airplane Over the Sea - Neutral Milk Hotel
16. The Lonesome Crowded West - Modest Mouse
15. Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers
14. Abbey Road – The Beatles
13. Aenima – Tool
12. Forever Changes - Love
11. Wish You Were Here – Pink Floyd
10. The Moon and Antarctica – Modest Mouse
9. Meat is Murder – The Smiths
8. Illinoise - Sufjan Stevens
7. Hot Rats - Frank Zappa
6. The Doors - The Doors
5. OK Computer - Radiohead
4. Funeral - Arcade Fire
3. Paranoid - Black Sabbath
2. Master of Puppets - Metallica
1. Remain in Light - Talking Heads

2 comments:

  1. That's a good fucking lists. Any honorable mentions that would include any Nine Inch Nails, Slayer, Stone Roses, or My Bloody Valentine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy With Teeth by NIN, and of course Loveless/Isn't Anything by BV but not enough to catapult them into this list. But they'd be a part of a long list of Honourable Mentions.

      Delete