Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Trailers: 'Moneyball' and 'A Dangerous Method'



Moneyball tells the story of Oakland A's general manager Billy Beane's successful attempt to put together a baseball club on a budget by employing computer-generated analysis to draft his players. Directed by Bennett Miller (Capote), from a screenplay by Steve Zaillian (Schindler's List) and Aaron Sorkin (The Social Network). Stars Brad Pitt, Robin Wright and Jonah Hill. I'm really not convinced that this looks like the Oscar contender many are speculating. 



A Dangerous Method, the new film from David Cronenberg (Eastern Promises), tells the tale of how the intense relationship between Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud gave birth to psychoanalysis. Despite featuring a cast of greats in Viggo Mortensen, Michael Fassbender and Vincent Cassell, I sense Keira Knightley is set to ruin things...again. 

3 comments:

  1. Much more intrigued by A Dangerous Method even if I heard from a critic that it wasn't good. I actually like Keira Knightley, being the best thing in Never Let Me Go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in Moneyball but I'm more interested in A Dangerous Method because of Cronenberg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Paolo - I really can't stand Keira Knightley, and she looks awful in the trailer. She is frequently pitted against actors/actresses that I like, which means I immediately dislike her. I'll certainly watch it, because it's Cronenberg.

    @ Steven - I think Moneyball looks quite good, but I wasn't blown away by the trailer. I really can't imagine Jonah Hill being involved in an Oscar favourite. A Dangerous Method has a lot to like, most notably, Cronenberg.

    ReplyDelete