Wednesday, August 29, 2012

25 Films To Watch In Spring 2012

With Winter almost over (where has this year gone?) I thought I'd take a look at the films scheduled to hit cinemas over the next three months. With the Venice and Toronto Film Festivals taking place in early September, can we expect some of their big hitters to make their way to our shores?

These dates are susceptible to change. This is not a list of all upcoming releases, just the significant ones. For example, the ones I have a desire to watch - or have already seen and can recommend - and those which have generated enough buzz throughout the year (On the Road and Safety Not Guaranteed are not recommended but fall into this category) to warrant interest in their release date.

September


Monsieur Lazhar (Sep 6) - ★★★★

Your Sister's Sister (Sep 6) - ★★★★1/2

Killer Joe (Sep 6) - ★★★★


Beasts of the Southern Wild (Sep 13) - ★★★★

Hotel Transylvania (Sep 20)

Lore (Sep 20) - ★★★★


Ruby Sparks (Sep 20) - ★★★★

Looper (Sep 27)

On The Road (Sep 27) - ★★1/2


October


Searching For Sugar Man (Oct 4)

Killing Them Softly (Oct 11)

Lawless (Oct 11)


Liberal Arts (Oct 11) - ★★★★

Safety Not Guaranteed (Oct 18) - ★★1/2

Savages (Oct 18)


Argo (Oct 25)

Dredd 3D (Oct 25)

Frankenweenie (Oct 25)


The Intouchables (Oct 25)


November


The Master (Nov 8)

Premium Rush (Nov 8)

Robot and Frank (Nov 8)


The Sessions (Nov 8)

Skyfall (Nov 22)

The Silver Linings Playbook (Nov 29)

What are your thoughts on the upcoming schedule? What is your most-anticipated release through the rest of 2012?

6 comments:

  1. Seeing quite a few of these at TIFF. Just dropped Silver Linings Playbook from schedule actual.

    Lawless comes out nationwide tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SILVER LININGS will get a wide release I imagine. I think you can afford to drop it in favor of something else.

      Delete
  2. Awesome list Andy. I try not to think about the ones months away or I'll get upset ;) Looper this month I can't wait for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen almost everything else out this month already. Bring on LOOPER ;-)

      Delete
  3. Damn there's loads in there I'm very excited about. Looper, Argo, The Master are probably my top three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited for ARGO, and after watching the trailer for SKYFALL again the other day, it is high on my list. KILLING THEM SOFTLY too. But my #1 anticipated film is definitely THE MASTER!

      Delete