Saturday, March 3, 2012

Trailer: Piranha 3DD

Strange as it feels to say, I actually had a good time with Piranha 3D. I remember forcing myself to see it in cinemas back in mid 2010 but watching a film that was so self-aware in it's abhorrent twisting of horror cliches and conventions, despite the addition of ridiculous 3D, was just what I needed at the time. The trailer for Piranha 3DD is now available for viewing online, and while it is very likely to be a far less effective sequel, the trailer did make me laugh. What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. Haven't seen the original but this looks ok, mainly because I love Katrina Bowden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 2010 Piranha is a re-make of a 70's classic, but it was directed by Alexandre Aja (THE HILLS HAVE EYES re-make, which I thought was pretty good). This one looks like it is full of similar silliness and carnage. Give the other one a go on DVD, and if you like it - maybe check this out.

      Delete
  2. The first one was pretty entertaining, I saw it on 2d at home, because as much fun as it was, it's not really worth the price of the ticket :) I'll probably gonna catch the sequel on DVD too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I saw it in 3D at the cinema and the 3D was ridiculous - so many dark underwater scenes. Hard to make anything out. I will wait and see how it is received, and make a decision then.

      Delete
  3. This makes the first one look like No Country for Old Men (in tone). This could be the most ridiculous movie of the decade ahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potentially. I does look silly, and I fear the Hasselhoff experiment will be lame. Still, Piranhas in a water park - and Christopher Lloyd haha.

      Delete