Friday, May 11, 2012

For Your Consideration: 2012 LAMMY Awards

I have been a proud member of the Large Association of Movie Blogs (LAMB) for close to a couple of years now - LAMB #813 - and though a novice to the procedures of the LAMMY Awards, I threw my name into the mix last year. Though I am no longer eligible for Best New LAMB, I have seen my site grow and develop substantially over the last 12 months. I am very proud of where my site is, and feel like I have a shot in a few categories this year. So, I am once again expressing consideration in the categories listed below.

NOTE: You must be a LAMB member to participate and vote, and you have until May 27 to cast your nominations. This can be done here

Those of you who have stopped by my site over the last year will know that I put a lot of time and effort into ensuring that this site covers everything - from new release to classic film reviews, festival and awards coverage, news and trailers, and an assortment of lists, blog-a-thons and film theory and enthusiast articles.

So, if you dig my site, I ask that you consider me for the 2012 LAMMY nomination process. I appreciate you all stopping by, and for the continued support, inspiration and encouragement. I would not be writing if it weren't for my love of film and writing, but also those loyal readers who continue to stop by.


BEST BLOG - My blog is the best it can be. I hope stopping by is an interesting and informative experience. If it is, then I have done my job.

MOST PROLIFIC - I averaged 44 posts a month in 2011. So far this year, through four months, I am averaging 48. I'm sure you would agree I write a lot of reviews and post a lot of content.

BEST RUNNING FEATURE - My 'Monday Links' always gets plenty of attention. Certainly not the most original - I was inspired by fellow bloggers, and I'm sure I have inspired others - but a way to acknowledge some of the week's best writing.

BEST CLASSIC FILM BLOG - Though I devote most of my time to covering new releases as they hit Australian cinemas, I do spend a lot of my time watching and reviewing older films, usually as part of a focus on a specific director. Example: Jean Luc Godard (Oct/Nov 2011)

BEST FESTIVAL/AWARDS COVERAGE - Sydney Film Festival 2011, and Oscar Season 2012 are the primary examples, though I have consistently covered smaller European festivals throughout the year. 

BEST MOVIE REVIEWER - I am a reviewer. It is what I love to do, and I generally receive positive feedback for my reviews.


Best of luck to all LAMBs. Thank you for your time and consideration.

16 comments:

  1. Anyone who doesn't vote for you for Most Prolific is out of their mind. (That was just one of many nominations from me, by the way). Best of luck Andy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy. I think I have a shot in that category, but because I am not the most active in the LAMB community, and because of the url issues, many voters may not know I exist. We'll see.

      I always appreciate your support. I voted last night, and you featured quite a lot too. Best of luck!

      Delete
  2. Your 44/month has my 36/month beat.
    Best of luck to you young man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man. You should, and will, feature heavily again. I am in awe of your work. But I guess I get a few more posts out there. I don't have an awesome PodCast though ;-) Thanks Ryan!

      Delete
  3. You already know I nominated you, and you deserve it for sure! Also, I agree- you have the Prolific award in the bag :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Diana. I really like your blog, and I am impressed by how far you have come in just a short space of time. Here's the bigger and better things throughout the rest of the year!

      Delete
  4. I love your Monday links post. It may be simple, but it's there every week and I find some great interesting pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my way to recognise blogs that I love to read, and promote them, and though I don't comment as much as I would like to, and sometimes I don't have time to come up with a links post, I think it is usually an interesting collaboration of articles. Thanks for the support Max!

      Delete
  5. I'll probably vote for you although I'm glad you're not choosing the Brainiac prize. I would be going for that but I'm not campaigning for this year's LAMMYs. I already know how good I am. I wouldn't validation but I'm just not into awards as I often don't win anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I deserve consideration for Brainiac. I still have so much to learn about films - and there are clearly writers out there, yourself included, with a heap more knowledge and insight than myself. You should campaign, man. You have a following, and your reviews are excellent.

      Delete
  6. You will be getting plenty of noms from me, my friend. You do fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. I really appreciate your support. You are one of the most entertaining writers on the net. I also included you in my ballot last night :-)

      Delete
  7. You are such a wonderful reviewer - your work is always very insightful and fun to read. You definetly have my nom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad you enjoy my reviews. I like to think I am getting better and it is so relieving to hear such positive feedback.

      I love everything about your blog, and if you don't win Best Design, then there is something very wrong with voters.

      Also, your rating system is awesome. It would be my alternative grade, I think :-)

      Delete
  8. You would be a very deserving winner of many of these awards! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete