Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday Links (05/12)


I'm not going to run through what I have done this week. It's all there in the sidebar archive - but I did see The Descendants, Tin Tin and Attack The Block. All new additions to my 2011 Top 30.

So, on with the links: 

A new blog I discovered this week, run by Edwin Davies, is A Mighty Fine Blog. He reviews two of the Oscar contenders, The Artist and Hugo.

Also reviewing Hugo was Alex @ And So it Begins. It's one of his favourite films of the year. 

JBT writes a great piece on There Will be Blood @ Big Thoughts From a Small Mind

Stevee catches up with Beginners @ Cinematic Paradox.

Laura @ City Lights: A Film Blog shares her thoughts on Shame.

Alex @ Film Forager sure did enjoy The Big Lebowski. How could one not?

The Kid in the Front Row shares some thoughts on My Week With Marilyn. Apparently, it's excellent.

I have heard some great things about The Death of Mr. Lazarescu. Steven @ Surrender to the Void reviews it this week.

Thomas Caldwell @ Cinema Autopsy writes a great review of this week's coolest film, Attack the Block.

Tyler @ Southern Vision shines a spotlight on Gaspar Noe, a man who makes brilliant, but unpleasant films.  

Be sure to stop by Duke and the Movies and let Sam know what your Top 10 Films of the 70's are.

I want to shout out to a couple of other sites I have recently discovered through Twitter associates - 1:37 Exactly, run by Russell and The Film Pie, run my Matthew Toomey.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the linkage. Looks like you had a great week! I can't wait to see ATTACK THE BLOCK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks heaps for the shout out and link mate, it is truly appreciated :)

    I have added your awesome site into my RSS reader and added you to my Blogroll!

    Cheers Andy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link although my review was something I wrote 2 years ago at the old site I used to write for. It's been a couple of years since I've seen the film. I hope to revisit it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link! You're so lucky that you can make a top 30 for 2011...I can barely make a top 10! Also, could you please do me a favour? Could you let me know what rating The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo gets over there? Because if it's an MA15 (which might be unlikely) I'll try give it a watch when I go to Melbourne after New Years :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Tyler - It's definitely worth a look. Great British indie fun.

    @ Russell - Thanks for continuing to stop by and for adding me to your blogroll. I dig your site and will regularly stop by also.

    @ Steven - I'd like to get my hands on it too.

    @ Stevee - I could easily fill a Top 30. I would have to exclude a lot of films in the process too. I have liked a lot this year.

    As soon as I know what the official rating is, I'll let you know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Andy! Ahh HUGO, what a bloody brilliant film.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Alex - Can't wait to see it, man. Praying for a screening invite in my inbox.

    ReplyDelete
  8. On behalf of JBT, let me say thanks for the link love. Another solid list of links again this week. I hope to finally get around to Beginners at some point this week. I feel so behind on all of the award films this year (e.g. Hugo, Take Shelter, etc).

    ReplyDelete