Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Desired Melbourne International Film Festival Schedule


Here's what I am considering seeing at MIFF 2012. My mind will be made up by this time tomorrow when I will be booking my tickets. I will have to choose between Room 237 and God Bless America (leaning towards the former) and probably cull one.

If you are attending MIFF this year, please take a look over my line-up. If you have any further recommendations, or discover that we are seeing a heap of the same films, let me know (Twitter - @buckle22). Be sure to check back throughout the festival for my extensive daily coverage of MIFF.

Films marked in BOLD are locked in. The others are being considered.

Wed 15th August

1.30pm - Broken
6.30pm - No

Thurs 16th August

11.00am - Oslo, 31. August
1.30pm - Alois Nebel
6.30pm - The Angel's Share
9.00pm - Mine Games

Fri 17th August

4.00pm - In the Fog
6.30pm - The Imposter
9.00pm - Room 237

Sat 18th August

11.00am - First Position
1.30pm - Ruby Sparks
4.00pm - Berberian Sound Studio
7.30pm - Mental + Closing Night Party

Sun 19th August

10.15am - Laurence Anyways
4.00pm - The Hunt

Interested in seeing, but unable to because of clashes or because they're screening when I'm not at MIFF. Will wait for 'hopeful' distributed release: Gangs of Wasseypur, The Taste of Money, Beyond the Hills, Like Someone In Love, Sightseers, Barbara, Bully, Damsel's In Distress, Dark Horse, Faust, Girimunho, Himizu, Jayne Mansfield's Car, Low Life, Miss Bala, Modest Reception, Postcards from the Zoo, Seeking A Friend For the End of the World, Sound of My Voice, The Intouchables, The Sessions and Your Sister's Sister. 

2 comments:

  1. Busy but awesome 5 days! I'd still be wanting to see all the ones you probably already saw at the last Festival you went to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a great list, especially the last one, with the clashes :)Uu, you're seeing Angel's Share and Ruby Sparks, can't wait to hear what you think about those! have a great time!

    ReplyDelete