Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday Links (02/04/12)


Ruth has also recently been watching some Ghibli films. She shares her thoughts on Whisper of the Heart + The Cat Returns.

Steve recently watched Magnolia. He calls it 'holy-shit good'. Love it.

On my birthday I went and watched The Yellow Sea with some fellow Sydney film enthusiasts. Check out Sam's thoughts.

Alex looks at Bully's Unrated Rating Scandal, and shares some info about the short film, Earrings, he is shooting this month. I wish him all the very best.

'There's a pipeline'. Diana reviews There Will be Blood. What a film.

Sati looks at 8 Actresses Who Would Be A Better Choice For Carrie Than Chloe Moretz.

Ted wants shaky cam and fast editing to go.

The Deep Blue Sea is set to have a release here in Australia, Scott shares his thoughts on the Blu-Ray release.

John ranks the films of Terrence Malick. On a personal level, his #1 is an interesting choice.

Never Too Early Movie Predictions provides an Oscar Guide: Sound Mixing Vs Sound Editing.

I have heard plenty about Turn Me on, Dammit. Colin shares his thoughts.

Tyler reveals his Top 10 of 2011. Four of his selections also made mine. His Top 2, I haven't seen.

Ryan fills in another Blind Spot with Life of Brian.

The Lorax hit cinemas this week in Australia. I haven't seen it. Richard @ The Reel Bits shares his thoughts.

Have a great week, folks.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the links, Andy! Very kind of you to plug my short. You're the man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course my friend, and again, good luck with everything. Really looking forward to seeing the results of all of your hard work.

      Delete
  2. Thanks muchly! Look forward to hearing your thoughts on some Ghibli films soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laputa is up now!! :-) Many more to come, too.

      Delete
  3. Thanks again for the link. I was really excited to see that other people were interesting in these categories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite misunderstood categories I think. Most people don't know the difference, and often they are considered some of the insignificant categories of the ceremony. Not for the people who put time and effort into making the films sound as good as they do. Kudos for the post.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. No sweat. I am intrigued by this film - not sure why. Nick Prigge's enthusiasm mostly ha.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the link to my guest blogger's post, Andy. Very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a very interesting article, and I agreed with a lot of what Ted said.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the link- I loved the movie!

    ReplyDelete