Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Releases (12/04/12)


There are just two new films opening in Australian cinemas this week - Battleship, Peter Berg's Tranformers-like epic scale action-adventure influenced by Hasbro's classic naval combat game, and The Deep Blue Sea, Terence Davies' adaptation of Terence Ratigan's 1952 play, starring Rachel Weisz and Tom Hiddleston.

Battleship - I am watching Battleship tomorrow night, so check back later in the week for my review.

The Deep Blue Sea - I posted my review earlier, so I won't go into any details about the film. Personally, I didn't like it, though Rachel Weisz was excellent. I find it hard to recommend to anyone not familiar with Terence Davies' filmmaking or Ratigan's stage play, but to help with your decision, here is the trailer:



Weekly Recommendation: Have you see This Must Be The Place yet? Highly recommended.

2 comments:

  1. Slim pickings. Think I'd rather see Battleship than The Deep Blue Sea. Might have to go see Titanic 3D instead of either of these though. I wonder if This Must Be The Place is even on anywhere near me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't recommend either, really. BUT Battleship is more fun. If This Must Be the Place is in town, it's my pick.

      Delete