Friday, April 6, 2012

A Theme for Friday - Deep Red

I am currently working on a couple of reviews that I hope to have posted later this afternoon. In the meantime I thought I would upload a couple of tracks from the theme of Dario Argento's giallo horror masterpiece Deep Red, one of the finest films I have seen so far this year. I re-watched it the other night and can't get the Goblin score out of my head. Part of what makes it such an unforgettable experience is this score by Goblin, who would also score Suspiria and Tenebre for Argento. Both of them are essential viewing too. Here is Deep Red's infamous main theme and the track used in one of the film's creepiest scenes. I hope it persuades you all to give it a go.


5 comments:

  1. Goblin's scores are amazing. I have yet to see more of Argento films since I only saw this one, Suspiria, Opera and Jenifer, The music and cinematography are just unreal in his works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I had a great time watching and reviewing them for the LAMB in February. He creates so much suspense through technique - long, sweeping camera movements, POV shots, clever editing - and when punctuated by Goblin's score they are terrifying. You should watch Tenebre. It is a lot of fun.

      Delete
  2. Who the hell would name their child Goblin? Sounds scary already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goblin is the name of the band that scores the films, not a child. Haha.

      Delete
  3. ศูนย์รวม เกมส์ออนไลน์ครบวงจร พนันบอล
    เล่นได้จ่ายจริง ไม่มีกั๊ก

    ReplyDelete