Tuesday, April 12, 2011

10 Things I Currently Love About the Movies

Recently there have been an influx of bloggers creating their personal lists of 100 Things They Love About the Movies. I recently contributed some ideas to Anomalous Material to be used in the collaboration of one such list. I don't desire to go all the way and create my own, but I thought I'd quickly post the 10 that came into my mind immediately (these being the ones I ultimately sent to AM). I don't really know why these 10 came to mind first, but its quite an entertaining little list I thought. They are as follows:


1. Carey Mulligan

2. Pixar Animation Studios

3. Director: Paul Thomas Anderson

4. Daniel Day-Lewis' performance in There Will Be Blood

5. The soundtracks from Wes Anderson films

6. The revelation about Kobayashi in The Usual Suspects

7. 'Andy Dufresne, who crawled through a river of shit and come out clean'

8. Amelie Poulain/Audrey Tautou

9. The old Star Wars Trilogy

10. The opening scene from The Social Network

Bonus: Sitting all the way through the credits discussing an ambiguous ending with friends.

7 comments:

  1. Great list!
    I usually stay through the credits anyway...I don't know why cause usually the crew is totally unknown but it's my way of honoring the movie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Mr Buckle, I have been wanting to do a 100 things post for the last week, but unfortunately I have neither the skills or the memory to do one.

    '4. Daniel Day-Lewis' performance in There Will Be Blood'

    This I like, but I would have DDL in any performance!! he rocks!

    Custard

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Vanessa. Thank you! I normally sit through the actors, and the key technical roles, but hardly ever all the way to the end. Except if I find myself absorbed in debate, and suddenly the lights are on and the staff come in to clean haha.

    @ Custard. Cheers Custard! Thanks for stopping by! Any DDL performance is worthy of recognition, but for me, none of them beat Daniel Plainview. It's fun to think of all the great scenes and quotes that make film memorable for you, but 100 is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dammit! How could I forget ambiguous endings!!??

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Mr Buckle, It is my pleasure, I have been meaning to drop by for ages but keep forgetting. You are bookmarked now so there is no getting away from me!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Mad Hatter: I guess there are just too many things to love about cinema that even 100 is restrictive!

    @ Custard: Glad to hear it haha. Thanks for your interest!

    @ Lesya: Thank you. It is a strange selection I must admit.

    ReplyDelete