Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Links (18/04)

I introduced myself to the late and great Andrei Tarkovsy this week with Andrei Rublev. I then decided to continue through his resume with The Mirror and Stalker. Though tough to sit through, the latter has remained embedded in my memory ever since. It is an amazing experience. I have reviewed all three films. I also saw Paul. I really enjoyed it. It's easily the funniest comedy I have seen this year so far. The flu impeded on my attendance to an advanced screening of Incendies yesterday, which I was very excited about. Oh well, I'll have to wait until Thursday!

Here are links to some of the best film chatter of the week:

 - I know nothing about Game of Thrones, but based on what I have been told about the novels and the immense hype about the upcoming HBO series, I am pretty excited. If you are like me, and want to get a head start on the series, Univarn outlines Five Things You Need to Know about Game of Thrones.

- Castor at Anomalous Material has uploaded the first video blog by Peter Jackson on the set of The Hobbit taking us behind-the-scenes on the early production stages. Always a man to come up with a great Q & A idea, this week he asks readers to comment on films that could have been great, if it weren't for that third act. Check it out here: Q & A: Great Movie...Until the Third Act.

- I have only recently started following Bitchin' Film Reviews but I was impressed by Blake's review of Of Gods and Men, a film I missed at the recent French Film Festival in Sydney.

- I don't know how Nicholas Prigge keeps up his pace, but this week on Cinematic Romantico he has shared his opinions on Exit Through the Gift Shop and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, among others. Not a bad week of cinema.

 - Stevee at Cinematic Paradox has set herself a classic movie marathon to occupy her for the next two weeks. There are some great films here. Check out her Schedule and join in!

 - Anna at Defiant Success reveals her 30 Favourite Classic Male and Female Performances.

 - Sam at Duke and the Movies is one of the first to review The Conspirator. Check it out!

 - Another blog I have recently followed is John Gilpatrick's John Likes Movies. He reveals his 10 Favorite Movie re-makes.

 - Stephen Flores at Surrender to the Void reviews Source Code, the next film I am impatiently anticipating.

 - Of course, you can never go wrong with an episode of the Matineecast at The Mad Hatter's Dark of the Matinee. This week they also discuss Source Code.

That's all folks. Thanks for reading. Hope you have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Again - many thanks for the linkage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Hatter - You're welcome. I'm eagerly awaiting your next Podcast project!

    @ Stevee - Any time. It's a great idea for a Marathon, hope you are enjoying it so far!

    @ Anna - Sure thing. They are both great posts!

    ReplyDelete