Thursday, April 7, 2011

My CInematic Alphabet

I recently saw on the pages of a few of my colleagues, namely Movie Reviews by Tom Clift, Cinematic Paradox and Final Cut, their personal 'Cinematic Alphabet' - their favorite film starting with each letter of the alphabet (A-Z). Here is mine:

A is for Apocalypse Now


B is for Blade Runner




C is for Children of Men 




D is for The Departed 




E is for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind




F is for Fargo




G is for The Godfather 




H is for Hot Fuzz




I is for Inglourious Basterds




J is for JFK




K is for Kill Bill




L is for Life of Brian




M is for Memento




N is for No Country for Old Men




O is for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest




P is for Platoon




Q is for The Quiet American




R is for Reservoir Dogs




S is for Se7en




T is for There Will Be Blood




U is for The Usual Suspects




V is for Vertigo




W is for The Wicker Man




X is for X-Men 




Y is for Y Tu Mama Tambien




Z is for Zodiac



7 comments:

  1. Ha! What an interesting idea for a post. Nice picks here, Andy. Love that you've got Blade Runner & Basterds on the list. I might do this sometime next week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices Andy, I should give this a try, seems quite hard to choose a film for each letter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll do this on Indian films... and maybe another one on non-Indian films :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments everyone. A few of the letters are hard (Q/X). The only films I have seen starting with X are the X-Men films haha. But it's a chance to bunch some of your favourite films together. I look forward to seeing everyone else's lists!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent picks! CHILDREN OF MEN was so close to making my list, as were several others you selected

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, everyone has such sexy lists! Love The Departed, Eternal Sunshine, Fargo, Hot Fuzz, Inglourious Basterds, Kill Bill, Memento, Se7en, Zodiac

    ReplyDelete