Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Monday Links (25/04)

I'm a day late this week due to being quite busy. I went and visited my family for Easter but still managed to see Incendies and Arthur over the weekend. The former is one of the best films I have seen this year. Absolutely shattering. I was also quite surprised by Thor last night. It was entertaining enough, and was dramatically engaging enough to complement the impressive visuals. Review to come soon.

I also watched 12 Angry Men and All the Presidents Men for the first time, and caught my fourth Andrei Tarkovsky film, his final one, The Sacrifice. As any member of the LAMB will know, this week marked the beginning of the 2011 LAMMY nominations. Everyone has been forwarding their FYC posters to the LAMB, including myself (here). Best of luck to all of the LAMBS in the upcoming weeks.

Without further ado, here is the top film chatter for the week:

- The Mad Hatter shares his thoughts on the ending of Up in the Air and his growing favouritism for bummer endings at The Dark of the Matinee.

- Stephen Flores at Surrender to the Void gives an extremely insightful and detailed account of the films of Terrence Malick at The Beginners Guide to Terrence Malick.

- Tom Clift's coverage of the Jim Schembri/Scream 4 spoiler debacle at his blog Movie Reviews by Tom Clift is a must-read for reviewers of film.

- Aiden at Cut the Crap Movie Reviews has reviewed Scream 4 and Hanna this week.

- Stevee continues her Classic Movie Marathon. See what she thought of Ninotchka.

- Castor reveals his Top 10 Russell Crowe Performances  and Sam reviews Win Win on Anomalous Material. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link good sir. My linkage posts are taking a break for two weeks, but when they get back up and going I certainly owe you a plug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time! You have consistently great material.

    Well, if you think it just, I would be honoured sir :-)

    ReplyDelete