Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Links

It was indeed a sad week with the loss of Sidney Lumet, who died of Lymphoma in his Manhattan residence. He will be greatly missed. My week started out great with Never Let Me Go but took a turn for the worse when I went and saw Sucker Punch. With three straight days off from work I intend to see How I Ended This Summer and Paul and share my opinions on them. I will also take this opportunity to honour the week's most interesting posts from around the film blogging community:

 - Fletch over at Blog Cabins considers his approach to critiquing films by a star rating and how they are subject to change over time.

 - The Mad Hatter at Dark of the Matinee, Stevee at Cinematic Paradox and the staff at Anomalous Material (which I contributed to) have all created lists of 100 Things They Love About The Movies.

 - Univarn at A Life in Equinox shares a few guidelines on what it takes to become a Media Journalist.

 - Sam Fragoso at Duke and the Movies was one of the first to catch a screening of 'Hanna'. Check out his review.

 - Thomas Caldwell at Cinema Autopsy and Tom Clift at Movie Reviews by Tom Clift have both reviewed 'Sucker Punch'. They say all that I wanted to say in my review, but much much better. If you haven't seen the film and are undecided about making the effort, their reviews are worth reading.

Hope everyone has a great week. Did you see anything exciting over the weekend? What do you plan to watch this week? 

3 comments:

  1. No worries Hatter. I loved your list. Castor posted Carey Mulligan twice on the AM list haha. She's so hot right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the linky! And yes...Carey Mulligan is hot right now!

    ReplyDelete