Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Trailer: The Hunger Games

The first trailer, following a pretty diabolical teaser, for The Hunger Games has been released. The film stars Jennifer Lawrence (Winter's Bone) and has been scheduled for an early 2012 release.


Every year in the ruins of what was once North America, the evil Capitol of the nation of Panem forces each of its twelve districts to send a teenage boy and girl to compete in the Hunger Games. A twisted punishment for a past uprising and an ongoing government intimidation tactic, The Hunger Games are a nationally televised event in which “Tributes” must fight with one another until one survivor remains. Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy. If she’s ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love. THE HUNGER GAMES is directed by Gary Ross, and produced by Nina Jacobson’s Color Force in tandem with producer Jon Kilik. Suzanne Collins’ best-selling novel, the first in a trilogy published by Scholastic that has over 16 million copies in print in the United States alone, has developed a massive global following.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks pretty bloody good! Might even have to get a copy of the book before the film come out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad right? The premise is pretty epic, and Jennifer Lawrence has yet to disgrace, despite appearing in a couple of ordinary films this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know The Hunger Games from a hole in the ground until recently, but this trailer doesn't look half bad...

    Me likey Jennifer Lawrence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks decent. I want see the actual games and how the kids die before I can gauge whether it's worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Robert - A girl at work was raving about the novels, and then I saw that Jennifer Lawrence was cast in the film (hey, that's what she was talking about!). I like Jennifer Lawrence (a lot), and this 'could' be badass.

    @ Castor - I know what you mean. It feels like they have outlined the first half of the film - an extended teaser - but let's hope the best parts are still to come :-/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm...I wouldn't think that I could find this trailer on your blog, it doesn't seem your type, but I'm glad I did!:) I am looking forward to this movie, I read the books and by the look of it, the film is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha. Actually I needed a post to throw in that night, and my essay on The Thin Red Line and Saving Private Ryan wasn't ready, so I figured I'd post a trailer that might draw some attention. It's going to do well judging by the popularity of the novels (which I haven't read) and I'll check it out. It's not really my type, but I like the idea (it reminds me of Battle Royale) and I thought it was a solid 'extended teaser' haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know The Hunger Games from a hole in the ground until recently, but this trailer doesn't look half bad... pakistani lawn dresses with price , designer lawn 2015 with prices ,

    ReplyDelete