Wednesday, May 25, 2011

15 Movie Questions Meme

I have noticed on Cinematic Paradox and [Film] Girl, Interrupted recently this 15 Movie Questions Meme (courtesy of Anna at Defiant Success). I had no post planned until tonight, when I hope to see and review Angele et Tony, so I thought I'd give it a go too. 

1. Movie you love with a passion.


The #1 Film of the Decade: There Will Be Blood (Paul Thomas Anderson, 2007)

2. Movie you vow to never watch.


Pirates 5. Please let this franchise end. 

3. Movie that literally left you speechless.


I'm going with the most recent cinema experience to leave me speechless, which was Incendies. 


4. Movie you always recommend.


I find myself recommending this to someone on a weekly basis. Sideways too.

5. Actor/actress you always watch, no matter how crappy the movie.


Phillip Seymour Hoffman is involved in few crappy movies, but if so, I'm there. 

6. Actor/actress you don't get the appeal for.


Nup!

7. Actor/actress, living or dead, you'd love to meet.


Daniel Day-Lewis. Greatest actor currently living. 

8. Sexiest actor/actress you've seen.


I'm a big fan of Carey Mulligan.

9. Dream cast.

Having Carey Muligan, Amy Adams, Leo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling and Daniel Day-Lewis in the same film together would be fairly awesome. 

10. Favourite actor pairing.


Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling

11. Favourite movie setting.


Los Angeles 2019. I wouldn't want to live there, but its pretty cool.

12. Favourite decade for movies.


Toughie. I'm going with the 70's. Coppola owned it.

13. Chick flick or action movie?


Ahh...ACTION!

14. Hero, villain or anti-hero?


I do like a good anti-hero.

15. Black and white or colour? 


Wow. Some of my favourite films are B+W. Can I choose both? I guess I'm thankful there is colour in the films by Wes Anderson

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha good call on Keira! I also love that you chose P.S.H. although I don't recall very many terrible movies of his ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I really wanna do this now. But it kind of means I am sidetracking already on the stuff that I do want to be blogging about.

    Then again, I did tell myself it wouldn't all be hardcore feminising films...but anyway, good selection. And I definitely agree with Carey there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Rachel [f.g.i] I can't stand Keira Knightley. Tends to turn me off anything she is in. Luckily Carey took the lead in Never Let Me Go haha. Her absence didn't make Pirates 4 any better though either. No, P.S.H is rarely in a bad film. I remember his small role in Red Dragon being pretty awful though, if my memory serves me right.

    @ Cherokee I only did it because I had nothing planned to post until tonight, but I didn't end up seeing Angele et Tony because I was too tired and couldn't be bothered. So i just uploaded my weekly release coverage instead. Review of The Hangover Part II coming tomorrow! Oh, I love Carey Mulligan. She should have won that Oscar back in 09.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keira Knightley literally scares me. And her voice is really strange too. But Carey Mulligan...my goodness, she is absolutely beautiful! Her performance in An Education was absolutely phenomenal.

    Oh, and can't wait for your review of The Hangover 2...I loved the first one to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. Have you heard that there's a possibility that there will be Pirates 6? They put it as "hopefully, POTC 4 is a beginning of a new trilogy".

    Keira Knightley used to be my favorite actress. She isn't now but I still think she's good...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Stevee - The Hangover was very funny. It had that 'surprise hit' quality to it. Everyone has already seen Part II, because it essentially is Part I. You'll see what I mean haha.

    @ Lesya - I have heard this horrible news. They might want to try something different (again!) with POTC5 if they want to make it to 6 though. I used to like Keira too, but after watching Atonement I developed a new emotion. She's so annoying.

    ReplyDelete