Sunday, May 29, 2011

First look at Fincher's 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'


Well, a Red Band trailer of David Fincher's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was leaked online today. I'm not going to say too much about it (because the trailer says it all), other than the fact that it looks absolutely awesome. I really hope Fincher only decides to re-adapt The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It was easily the best of the Swedish trilogy, with the latter two films proving to be pretty bad. I personally didn't like where the story went either, and think that the first novel works as a stand alone. I hope that Fincher's adaptation will too. Rooney Mara (The Social Network) looks perfectly cast!  

5 comments:

  1. I have got to stop watching this trailer. I must have watched it like 10 times now, and I still want to watch it over and over. I can't wait to see this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a HUGE fan of the book and Swedish film trilogy, I wasn't exactly looking forward to this unneccessary remake (Noomi IS Lisbeth IMO), but this trailer looks grittier than I was expecting - could be a surprising success after all...

    ~ CR@BHoward

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm normally against American remakes, but I was pretty keen on this project after the naming of Fincher, Craig and Mara. I agree that Noomi did a great job as Lisbeth, but Fincher selected her for a reason, and I think she will do a fine job! Yeah, the trailer looks gritty, and Fincher's style suits the bleak atmosphere...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ab-so-lute-ly awesome! I haven't seen the swedish films yet, but I've read the books, and at the beginning was like "Why are they doing a remake already?", but the trailer is mind-blowing. Though to me, Mara does seem to fit the role, but what I'm most happy about is that Daniel Craig got the part of Mikkael... Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been watching so many times. I love the look of it yet that isn't what hooked me.

    Being a NIN fan for 17 years. I'm always excited for what Trent Reznor does. What he and Atticus Ross did for The Social Network is superb and I was extremely happy that they got the Oscars.

    Once I heard Trent & Atticus were doing a cover of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" with Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Another of my favorite bands. I was in shock and then once that music played.

    It was what I imagined times 100. I definitely had a full-on orgasm listening to that track. I can't wait for the full song to come out. I wanna fuck that song.

    ReplyDelete