Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Links (02/05)

I watched very few films this week, my last being Boy A, which features a stunning performance from Andrew Garfield. I have been working on a short film with some friends of mine, and surrounding that schedule with shifts at the cinema, so I have only felt like relaxing to episodes of Arrested Development over the last three days. Still, this week should be more productive, and there are actually new releases at the cinema this week.

Here is this week's best chatter from my colleagues around the net:

Andrew from Andrew At the Cinema reviews Shane Meadow's wonderful film, Dead Man's Shoes

I am yet to see a better review of Incendies than Tom Clift's one on Movie Reviews by Tom Clift. He also, quite extensively, compares Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill Films over at Flickchart: The Blog. It's a very interesting read! I personally prefer the Vol. 1 also.

For his 1,000th Post, Nicholas Prigge at Cinema Romantico, reviews one of his favorite films, Boogie Nights. Congratulations on this enormous achievement, Nicholas!

James Blake Ewing at the fantastic Cinema Sights has also been working through the films of Andrei Tarkovsky (for the second time though). His reviews of Andrei Rublev and Stalker are very good.

Over at Random Ramblings of a Demented Doorknob there is a review of Rubber and a look back at the career of Frank Oz.

Stevee unleashes her 100 Favourite Films at Cinematic Paradox. She sure loves Christopher Nolan.

Sam reviews Easy A, a film that could soon become his guilty pleasure. Check out Duke and the Movies.

Finally, over at Fandango Groovers Movie Blog, Andy looks back on Classic American High School Movies.

Hope that everyone had a great weekend. Here's to another great week of cinema to follow! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link! And yes, I'm hopelessly in love with Master Nolan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I think I need to re-evaluate the position of Memento on my list. After working on that essay recently, I really do love the film!

    ReplyDelete